The Camp Seneca Lake Staff Is:
In 2010 Irv was elected into the Jewish Basketball Hall of Fame
Irv Bader is the founder and Director of Camp Seneca Lake. He has been a camp Director for over 41 years, and hires all his staff members, and oversees the entire camp operation. He makes sure that all campers’ religious, social and athletic needs are met. Irv has been able to retain key staff members at camp for many years.
Irv is also the Chairman of the Physical Education Department and Athletic Director at Touro College in New York, NY. Prior heading up Touro College’s Athletic Department, he was the Athletic Director at North Shore Hebrew Academy High School in Great Neck, NY and Flatbush Yeshiva in Brooklyn, NY. He was also the Director of Adapted Physical Education for the New York City Department of Education for 28 years and a retired Professor of Physical Education at Brooklyn College for 26 years.
Camp Rabbeim And Chinuch Staff
Jessica and Rabbi Zev Kahane
Jessica and Rabbi Zev Kahane live in Bergenfield, NJ with their daughter Margalit. Jessica, a former camper of Camp Seneca, grew up in the Five Towns, and attended HAFTR and Ba’er Miriam Seminary. Zev grew up in Teaneck and attended TABC and Yeshivat Shaalvim.
The Kahane’s lived in Jerusalem for three years at the Yeshiva University Gruss campus where Zev received his Semicha rabbinic ordination from YU’s RIETS. While living in Israel, Zev taught in Shaalvim for Women, Mevaseret, and Torat Shraga. The Kahane’s moved back to Bergenfield, and now Zev is a rebbe at The Moriah School of Englewood. Zev also works for NCSY and Congregation Ahavath Torah in Englewood. Jessica Kahane works for NCSY, where she is in charge of family engagement in the New Jersey Metro West region. Through their work with NCSY, Jessica and Zev have led humanitarian chessed trips for high school students, to cities all over country, where they volunteered with Habitat for Humanity. Jessica also owns and manages her own jewelry company.
The Kahane’s strive to serve Hashem with happiness and love and they look to spread that happiness and love to their family, friends, and students. They love spending their summers in camp. Rabbi Zev has served as the camp rabbi previously in other camps. They recognize, that in addition to all the fun and great memories, camp provides great opportunities for unique growth and personal development.
Jessica and Zev Kahane are so excited to join the Camp Seneca Family.
Hodaya and Rabbi Aharon
Hodaya and Rabbi Aharon both grew up in Israel. After her national service volunteering in high schools and Bnei Akiva, Hodaya, studied Psychology and Communications at University and qualified as a teacher for children with special needs. Prior to embarking on a law degree, Rabbi Aharon studied in Yeshiva in Tel Aviv and completed his draft and national service at the IDFs’ bomb disposal unit, after which he spent time studying in seminary towards his rabbinic ordination, then going on to practise law at Israel’s Ministry of Justice. Throughout this time the Lembergers have been involved in community building and informal education. Hodaya and Aharon now live in Scotland and have three children.
OTHER CAMP STAFF
- Ross ZuckermanAssistant director
- Shalom BabayevDivision Head
- Andrew LeibowitzSpecial Activities Coordinator & Mini Camp Director
- Alexis BlattDivision Head
- Karen HershkowitzDivision Head
- Leslie-Ann fromenDivision Head
- Ariella BenaimAssistant Division Head
- Zeeva SklarDivision Head
- Zach SchindlerDivision Head
- Amy KalterHead of Summer office
- Eliza DachsInfirmary manager
- Beth PykusAccounts Payable
- Judith RoseHead Nurse
- Aliza DuftlerInfirmary Staff
- Zuzana GaborovaLake Director
- Andrea RandolphPool Director
- Rabbi David BeitlerAthletic Director, Head of Hockey Program
- Arup DuttHead Tennis Director
- Rory SwankieDrama Director
- Irene OkunArts & Crafts
- David Kolbprogram director
- David BenhamuHead Chef
- Anat BestSpecialty Chef for diets/allergies
- Natalie DayanHead of Baking Program
- Nancy Newhousearts and crafts
- Nikki Sulemanoffhead of summer office
- Avior Hazandivision head
- Hodaya & Rabbi Aharon Lembergerchinuch
- Harry Bernzweigdivision head
- Daniella SperberHead of cooking program
- Tali SeinfeldInfirmary staff
- Ariel KoriatDivision Head
- Emil CoronadoAssistant Division Head, Head of Softball Program
- Robyn DweckDivision Head
- Nechamie GoldbergInfirmary Staff
- Natalie AbramsonInfirmary Staff
- Chad DavisStaff Coordinator
- Rabbi Boaz TomskyHead of Dining Room, Assistant Chinuch
- Merri RosenblattMini Camp Head Staff
- Hannah LippmanMini Camp Head Staff